Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the www.liverpool08.com website. This website is owned and operated by The Liverpool Culture Company Limited ("Liverpool Culture Company") of 3rd Floor, Millennium House, 60 Victoria Street, Liverpool L1 6JD. Visitors to this website are bound by the following terms and conditions so please read these carefully before going on.
1. If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Liverpool Culture Company reserves the right at all times to vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any of these terms. By browsing the website you accept that you are bound by the current terms and conditions and notices and we therefore recommend that you check these each time you revisit the site. The current draft of these terms and conditions was adopted and published on 01.10.03.
3. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained on this website is either owned by Liverpool Culture Company or has been licensed to Liverpool Culture Company by the rights owners. The website contains trademarks, which belong to Liverpool Culture Company or have been licensed to Liverpool Culture Company by the trademark owner for use on the website. Use of these trademarks is forbidden unless prior written permission has been obtained from the owner of the trademark.
4. The user may access any part of the site and download or copy material (by printing off individual pages on to paper) or download material onto disc (but not on to any server or other device connected to a network) for personal non-commercial use only. The copyright in such material shall be retained by Liverpool Culture Company or where the material has been licensed to Liverpool Culture Company, by the rights owners of the material.
5. Links to the liverpool08.com website are not permitted other than to the Home Page except with prior written permission. Links to the liverpool08.com website from within a frameset definition are not permitted except with prior written permission.
6. You may not remove any copyright, trademark or intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material downloaded or copied from the website.
7. Copying, distributing or any use of the materials contained on the website for any commercial purpose is prohibited.
8. You may not create a database by systematically downloading substantial parts of the website.
9. The content of the website is for general information only and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which a specific decision should be made. Liverpool Culture Company has done its best to ensure the accuracy and currency of the materials contained on its website but excludes any warranty express or implied as to quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose of the material contained on the liverpool08.com website. Liverpool Culture Company will not be liable for any claims, penalties, loss, damages or expenses arising from the use of or the inability to use this website and any information contained therein or from any unauthorised access or alteration to the website. This clause shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury directly caused by the negligence of Liverpool Culture Company.
10. The liverpool08.com website includes links to external websites. These links are provided to help you find additional information quickly and easily. It is your responsibility to decide whether any service and/or products available through any of these websites are suitable for your purposes. Also, you may have linked to this website from an external website. We are not responsible for the owners or operators of any of these websites or for any goods or services they supply nor for the content of their websites. Liverpool Culture Company accepts no responsibility for the content of these websites and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations (express or implied) in relation to any of these websites and specifically excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise whether direct, indirect or consequential with respect to or as a result of such material causing damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
11. Whilst the liverpool08.com website may from time to time contain advertising material, Liverpool Culture Company does not endorse or accept any liability for any of the products or services so advertised, or for any error or inaccuracy in the advertisements. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the website complies with all relevant legislation.
12. Save as expressly provided, these terms are not intended to confer any benefit on a third party under the provision of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
13. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Liverpool Culture Company.
14. Liverpool Culture Company reserves the right at any time to suspend or terminate your access to or use of the website.
15. Liverpool Culture Company may change the format and/or content of this website at any time.
17. If you register as a user of the site on our 'sign up' pages you have access to Liverpool European Capital of Culture 2008 updates and exclusive competitions via e-mail. In the future you may also have access to such information by using the username and password selected by you using the user registration procedure. You are solely responsible for ensuring the security and proper use of your username and password and you shall not disclose them to an unauthorised person. We reserve the right to suspend your username and password access to your details or disallow your use of the services if we suspect an unauthorised person is attempting to access it.
18. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any Court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
19. The failure by Liverpool Culture Company to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
20. These Terms & Conditions of use shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall subject as set out below have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matters arising therefrom. For the exclusive benefit of Liverpool Culture Company, Liverpool Culture Company shall retain the right to bring proceedings in the Courts of any user of the website.